Professional CV Examples
Below are two Professional CV Examples that we recommend. The first Example CV is what most people deem to be the Classic CV. If you would like a Free Professional CV Example to download just pay us with a Tweet or a mention on Facebook and as a thank you for spreading the word you will be taken to the CV download page.
Professional CV Example 1
Professional CV Example 2
This is a high impact Professional CV. The key difference being the bold name header, and the content layout with emphasis on a Skills Summary and Core Competencies. As most people use the classic style (or a variant), there is a tendency for the CV to become lost amongst the pile. The high impact Professional CV will keep drawing interest, and will differentiate you from your peer group. You will note that this particular example is the first page of a Finance Director CV.
There are a few other factors that make this Professional CV compelling;
- No address is given – this stops initial locality prejudice, and can be varied up to country level or omitted
- Mobile Number – do not give out a landline as you cannot answer your landline on a train (unless you’ve redirected it to your mobile)
- The Skills Summary of the CV is a list of 10 fundamental skills (this should be adjusted to reflect your experience and the requirement of the position you’re applying for)
- Your name and letters in bold and contained within a contrasting banner.
- Personal Profile – love it or hate it, a CV still needs a personal profile. A recruiter may or may not read it but the software they use to filter candidates will. See it as an opportunity to use specific keywords from your sector and for matching the description of the Job Ad.
- Selected Career Highlights or bragging rights – picking out what makes you great, better than everyone else, and placing it on page 1 of your CV. Might seem obvious but it is rarely done.
- Formating – uniform spacing, font sizes, bold font, font type, paragraph alignment, bullet alignment and length of individual paragraphs have all been considered.